How to Buy a Gun Online
Buying a gun online is just as easy as buying anything else online. The one very important difference is FIREARMS CANNOT BE SHIPPED DIRECTLY TO THE BUYER. Firearms must be shipped to a federally licensed firearms dealer. During the checkout process, instead of entering your shipping address, you will select a firearms dealer in your area. We will ship your gun to the dealer you select. When you go to pick up your gun, you will be required to complete the Firearms Transaction Record (Form 4473) and pass the FBI background check. Most dealers charge a nominal fee to transfer a firearm. If you have your gun shipped to the AH Gun store, we do not charge a transfer fee. The process of transferring a firearm from the dealer to the buyer usually takes about 10-15 minutes. Some states have waiting periods that begin when the transfer process is complete. Other states do not have waiting periods and allow the buyer to take possession of the firearm as soon as the transfer process is complete.
Placing Your Order
- Find the gun you want and add it to your cart.
- On the Shopping Cart page, click the Proceed to Checkout button.
- Login to your account, or choose Guest Checkout.
- Enter your billing address information, then click Continue. The billing address must be verifiable and match the ID of the person filling out the 4473 form. P.O. Boxes can not be used for firearm sales.
- Enter your zip code and select the radius for your FFL search, then click Search.
- Select the FFL dealer that will receive your firearm and process your transfer, then click Continue.
- Select your shipping method, then click Continue.
- Enter your payment information, then click Continue.
- Review your order, then click Place Order.
That’s it! You will receive an order confirmation email shortly after you place your order. When your order ships, you will receive a shipping confirmation email with tracking information.
If your gun is NOT being shipped to the AH store, it is your responsibility to coordinate with your chosen dealer and have a copy of their FFL license emailed to email@example.com. We cannot ship your order until we receive a copy of your chosen dealer’s FFL license. If we do not receive a copy of your chosen dealer’s FFL license within seven days of your order, your order will be canceled.
After Your Gun Has Been Delivered
If your firearm was shipped to the AH store, please allow 24 hours for it to be checked in and for the store to call you and tell you it is ready to be picked up. If you have not been contacted by our AH store within 24 hours, please call them to inquire about the status of your firearm. If your firearm was shipped to another FFL dealer, please call them to inquire about the status of your firearm.
Transferring Your Firearm
- When you arrive at your chosen FFL dealer, INSPECT THE FIREARM THOROUGHLY BEFORE YOU BEGIN THE TRANSFER PROCESS. Once the transfer process is complete, the gun is yours and may not be returned to the AH Gun Store.
- If upon inspection you see that the gun is defective, leave the gun with the dealer and contact us as soon as possible, preferably before you leave the dealer. We will work with the dealer to have the firearm returned to the AH store at no cost to you or the dealer.
- If you wish to proceed with the transfer, follow the dealer’s instructions for completing Firearms Transaction Record (Form 4473).
- Wait a few minutes while the dealer calls in the FBI background check.
- If you pass the background check, follow the dealer’s instructions for completing the transfer.
- If you live in a state that requires a waiting period before you can take possession of the gun, the waiting period begins after you pass the background check. If you live in a state that does not require a waiting period, you may take your new gun home with you.
Things to Keep In Mind
- It is YOUR responsibility to know the laws in your area regarding the purchase, transfer, and ownership of firearms.
- Unless you are positive that your chosen FFL dealer will process your transfer, you should contact them BEFORE placing your order. Ask if they will accept the shipment and process your transfer. You should also ask how much they will charge for the transfer. You are responsible for paying the transfer fee.
- Be sure to INSPECT THE FIREARM THOROUGHLY BEFORE STARTING THE TRANSFER. Once the transfer process is complete, the gun is yours and may not be returned to the AH store for any reason. If you encounter problems with your firearm after the transfer is complete, you must contact the manufacturer for warranty and repair issues.
- If you fail the background check, we will deduct the return shipping cost from your refund.
Thank you for shopping at AH Gun Store!
If you have questions or need help with anything, please feel free to call us at +1-888-274-1349 (7:00 am – 5:00 pm CST M-Sat., 7:00 am – 1:00 pm CST Sunday) or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.